Creating a Drama-Free Adoption Process
The adoption process can be a very stressful and trying time for most adoptive parents seeking to bring home a new child. There are many ways to reduce this added stress on your life by planning ahead for the adoption. Below are listed a few things that should help you to create a drama-free adoption process:
2. Copy Day: Set aside a day where you make copies of all the documents you have regarding the adoption. You're going to need more than one copy of all your adoption documents, so it's better to plan ahead and get these copies made when you have time.
3. Documents-to-Take: You should create a file of important adoption documents that will be needed for the home study, for your adoption agency and for the courts. You may need to include pictures in this file of your child's new room or nursery as well as images of the rest of your home.
4. Calendar: Make a calendar with all of the important adoption milestones and dates on it. Include information on dates when you need to have specific adoption documents filled out and filed by. It will save you a lot of stress in the long run. You should also mark down the dates of any phone calls you've made regarding the adoption as well as the name of the person name you talked to. This may be something you need to reference in the future.
5. Plan Days Off: Adoption can be very time-consuming and it's important that you take time for yourself every once in awhile. If you have other children, this is especially important. You don't want them to feel left out or as if they aren't getting as much of your attention anymore.
6. Make a To-Do List: A to-do list will help you itemize everything that you need to get finished in a day, week, month or even a year. Organizing specific adoption milestones into a to-do list should help you feel more stress-free throughout the adoption process.
"Thank you so much for all the sweet things you've done! You're wonderful at what you do. You've touched my heart in many ways. I'll never forget you."
(Birth Mother) Lidia
|Radis Adoptions - Adoption Pregnancy Center|